[Typo3-dev] Feature request: dead hyperlinks

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Fri Dec 19 10:31:51 CET 2003

Hi List,

what Gerhard wanted seems more like a submodule to the web module. Just a
"search website for broken links"-button. I think, this won't be too
difficult to implement, at least for a standard installation and the most
common extensions. List the probably orphaned links, shortcuts, mountpages
from pages and content tables and manually edit them. Nice additional
features: check external links, automatic deletion of broken links (for the
brave), configuration of link checks in TS (as an API for new / additional
extensions; where are the links, how are they coded), ...

But what René has in mind really looks like a project. This would have to
provide a kind of interacitvity in the backend that I never have found yet
in Typo3's real elaborate BE. It would require a new global link management.
And it could cause high server load ( if you won't rely just on the link
management ). So I would also understand it as a sub-project to the LPE
mentioned at http://typo3.org/1448.0.html.

A little bit OT: Are there any further thoughts about the LPE yet?

Regards,
Thorsten

"René Fritz" <r.fritz at colorcube.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1210.1071497028.235.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
I think a special T3 link checking environment is needed.

For example if a page is rendered internal links are checked. After the page
is cached and the page doesn't exists anymore the link is dead. Not so bad
because the link won't be rendered next day. But you do not recognize that
there are links in your website that are not rendered for some reasons.

This information should be displayed while editing.

A message should be given that you want to delete a page that is linked. And
it cleares the cache for pages that link to that page if you delete it
anyway.

This interacts with the LPE.

Sounds like a small project which needs a little description. Volunteers?

René