[Typo3-dev] Black border on login button in ver. 3.6.0?

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 10:33:53 CET 2003

Hiya,

This time I only have a guess ;)

I *think* that the border you see in IE is put there by the browser
when the form is in focus. It seems that IE does this in CSS styled
forms (obviously it doesn't happen in html styled forms) - to test if
that is what's causing it, open the login page in IE: the button will
have the black border, right? Then click into the address bar of the
same window: the black border is gone!

I thought the *colour* of the button-border was dependent on the
'color' property of the 'input' tag, but it doesn't seem to change with
it. Then I checked the A tags in the stylesheet, but that doesn't seem
to be the source of the colour either...

A quick sample form & stylesheet that I threw together yielded the same
result (black border on button) even when all of the colours (text &
background for body, input and links) were defined in colours other
than black.

This one's a mystery...could it be a weird IE default? If you notice,
when the button's border is 1px the black border is *outside* of the
button's regular border...

Sorry, no good answer.

-Christopher