[Typo3-dev] XML idea - nothing to do with it

Michael Zedeler michael at zedeler.dk
Mon Dec 15 01:23:00 CET 2003

Hi Dan,

I spent a little time looking around for alternatives to OMG-IDL and
didn't find anything great, but I did find this project:

Open Babel - a project that uses both IDL-style and some new XML format
for interface specifications. Open Source and currently funded by a
handful of universities.

http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/components/openbabel.html

and an article that mentions a handfull of more or less useful languages:

http://www.fernuni-hagen.de/DVT/Publikationen/tools2000.pdf

Regards,

Michael.