[Typo3-dev] Very important RFC (ObTS - again)

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 17:20:26 CET 2003

Right - I'm nearly there.

Most of the classes are pretty stable, and I'm
trying to move the datatypes and functions of
old-TypoScript to ObTS.

Here's my very important question:
Will anyone hate me if I break backwards
compatibility. I.e. tt_content et al will be only
work in part.

I have a very good and detailed reason for this
which is broadly: the old functions don't fit with
a strict modular/object way of building pages.

Comments welcome and encouraged,

Dan

p.s. FYI: it is possible to write the old
functions into ObTS - but it's really ugly and not
fun.