[Typo3-dev] Smarty integration

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Mon Dec 8 17:59:18 CET 2003

Hi Bart,

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> - While I feel that this is within my reach, I run into some problems
> because most of the core functions of Typo generate full HTML instead of
> 'clean' content structures. For example, in
> class.tslib_content::IMGTEXT(), I would like to receive the 'bare' data,
> unmixed with HTML.

Yes, IMGTEXT() produces hardcoded HTML. So why use IMGTEXT() at all?
You should better use IMG_RESOURCE(), it simply returns the image file name.

> Alternatively, are there any plans to further separate content and
> presentation?

See Dan's ObTS http://typo3.org/1427+M553dd386840.0.html for a new
approach on this.

> - Does my Smarty approach make sense, or have I completely missed the
> concept of TypoScript and should I just study a bit longer?

Well... I must admit I think it doesn't make much sense, but I would
love to see you prove me wrong :)

> - Are there any Smarty integration projects going on already?

No, but Kasper and Robert are currently programming some other cool
things to make developing templates easier.

- Ingmar