[Typo3-dev] documentation bug: getting started

Mark Ravitz mark_r at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 09:00:33 CET 2003

I've been working my way through the 'getting started' pdf
tutorial.

Most of it is fantastic but I have encountered a major source of
confusion.   The words: 'table', 'field', and 'record' are used lot,
particularly in the security section of the tutorial.  Those words are
never defined.  I am a  database programmer and it still took me a while
to understand how those words being used to explain the back end user
interface.  I suspect a non programmer would be totally mystified.

Perhaps:

'table' could become 'type of web object (page or content)',
'record' could become 'web object (page or content)'
'field' could become 'characteristic of a web object'

Mark Ravitz