[Typo3-dev] Initiating a page version feature

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sat Dec 6 20:10:51 CET 2003

Hi Peter!

>> I am looking out for a feature where a page can be identified
>> explicitely using a version ID. This ID has increase every time when a
>> content element on the page changes. This is useful for manual
>> workflows where the page is being printed out.

> Can't the last_change field help you on that?

If I used this, it would be the 2nd method I described above: MD5sum of all
last_change fields, right?

> There is some remarks in 3.6.0-dev sources by kasper&Julle for
> versioning which seem to be good idea. We will need that for "real"
> workflow as well.
> Look in 3.6.0/TODO.txt:

Thanks a lot for pointing me to this document.

Unfortunately, this feature should have been present yesterday if possible.
I think the checksum would be a slow but easy way for a quick (maybe
temporary) solution.

Best regards
- michael
--