[Typo3-dev] Next version of Typo3

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 29 14:31:15 CEST 2003

Vyacheslav V. Anisimov wrote:

> Please describe here how to do it.
> By symbolic liks under UNIX? Wrong way!

I hope he won't! This is completely off-topic here. Typo3 works fine with
most mass hosters. If you encounter any problems, ask in

> If you will spend a little time, downloads and installs
> the specified project (SSR), you will see how can be made more
> convenient scheme of installation.

Feel free to tell me about its advantages. But as long as I don't see your
problem, I couldn't know what SSR made better.

>>>   4. No directory doubling in Typo3 distribution.
> bvte> Directory doubling?

> Read "Inside Typo3". 4.1.1 Folders in typo3_src-xxx.
> "typo3/t3lib = t3lib (softlinked from ../t3lib/)"
> You may not use of symbolic links and solve it by PHP code.
> This is more friendly way for Win32-users.

(Your quoting style looks a little bit ugly!)

Yes, this is really something that could be improved. But it's not really a
problem on Unix computers since they do provide symbolic links. But you
could post a feature request in the relevant group.

>>>   5. Full compatiblity with Win32.
> bvte> Is this not so?

> No, of course. Many patches needed for normal executing Typo3 under Win32.

I don't mind. This has nothing todo with Typo3. Typo3 simply uses the
functions that PHP provides. If PHP doesn't provide them - bad luck!

> --
    ^
buggy!

Cheers - michael