[Typo3-dev] Next version of Typo3

ben van 't ende ben at netcreators.nl
Fri Aug 29 13:04:10 CEST 2003

Vyacheslav V. Anisimov wrote:

> Hi, Ben.
>
>   Thanks for so fast answer.
>
>   Where may I see the list of planned changes?

There is no public list of planned changes. One of the major things I know is
that the front and backend will be XHTML valid. That is a huge step forwards.

>   My list of highly desired features:
>
>   1. System-wide UNICODE.

Further up in this thread Kasper answered this I think.

>   2. Public-hosting friendly.
>
>      No ImageMagick. Less memory requirements.
>      Less CPU usage.
>
>   3. Mass-hosting friendly.
>
>      One instanse Typo3 per web-server with many different
>      virtual hosts.
>
>      Please see the SSR project to understand how may do it
>      ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/ssrtech/ ).

What seems to be the problem?? This can be one already.

>   4. No directory doubling in Typo3 distribution.

Directory doubling?

>   5. Full compatiblity with Win32.

Is this not so?

>   5. Popular speaking URLs support.
>
>      Like "www.server.com/news/2003".

There is an extension for this. For the rest I think you will have to wait and
see. There is no way you can do like feature requests for a new version!

grtz

ben