[Typo3-dev] localization of EXT:feuser_admin

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Thu Aug 28 09:19:45 CEST 2003

From: "Robert Lemke" <rl at robertlemke.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:38:34 +0200

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> > Where can I enter the strings for German, etc? We are building a
> > multi-language site so simply translating won't do.
>
> You can either create conditions like:
>
> [globalVar = GP:L=1]
> plugin.feuser_admin.evalErrors {
> password.twice = You must enter the password twice.
> }

Or you simply spread the translations into multiple templates if yo have a multi-tree enviroment.

Shame on me for missing the obvious.

> or you modify fe_adminLib.inc code by inserting some stdWrap
> processing in evalValues etc.

While the former approaches are ok for my needs, the latter would be nice for other extensions based on the lib. It'd be great if the localized strings could be stored in locallang.php (or any other file).

Masi