[Typo3-dev] extending the mail-forms

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Aug 25 10:56:51 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm new to TYPO3 and new to the list. I hope I haven't missed any obvious points in the docs or the list archive. I'm looking for a pointer on how to extend the mail forms.

I'll need to add validation to the user entered field values (in particular I want to add an email sanity check). So I want to add the concept of input field types to the email form (and the form wizard). Ideally thisw oudl include an API to be extended by extensions.

And I want to have special versions of the mail forms. With a number of added and prefilled fields. The main purpose is the ease of the BE users. This will make the form creation less error prone and would make them have an consistent.

The TYPO3 code is quite huge and currently I have no clue where to start from. I'm ready to hack at the core, though would be glad if my requirements could be fulfilled with an extension.

Kind regards,
Masi