[Typo3-dev] FE edit concepts

Daniel Thomas dt at dpool.net
Sun Aug 24 21:54:09 CEST 2003

Hello together,

I spend some time trying out a few things with regard to the general
purpose FE-Edit concepts I have been speaking about.
What about a frontend-plugin for which you define a couple of
TS-parameters and the table you want to edit and off you go? I made a
few first steps. Its fairly easy to get all the information about the
fields of the table from the TCA and access the create, edit, delete
paradigm of the fe_adminLib for the straightforeward fields like input,
select, text ...

I see three main areas for such an application:
1. validation of input
2. workflow integration with backend
3. diverse problems

I think validation would need to be based on the eval information
already given the TCA. Additionally, I think validation would need to
be done by JavaScript. That would be elegant and best from the
userperspective. In the end, this would mean to replicate the
TBE_EDITOR_... JavaScript parts of the backend for the frontend. I am
not that experienced with JavaScript controll functionality. If someone
would like to support me there, it would be greatly appreciated.

Workflow:
new entries should be publishable through the taskmanager. I will try
to do something in that direction and get back with more ideas.

problems
how to deal with all those entry-wizards which are definitely not
accessible in the frontend?

Greetings
Daniel

--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Isartorplatz 5 | D-80331 München
t 08912018917 | m 01793918781 | eFax 02561959115820

http://www.dpool.net | http://www.typergy.com

/--