[Typo3-dev] Problem Integrating Template

Gautam Dey gautammassoft at indiatimes.com
Fri Aug 15 00:55:52 CEST 2003

Sir ,
	I am programmer and working in a softwar company. Recently my company
has started working with Typo3. As I am very new to Typo3 I was facing a
problem which I could not solve. Well I am working with the "quickstart"
package I was trying to integrate a HTML template. The HTML file is
prepared by our designers . I have gone through the tutorial "Basic
template integration"
(http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=442&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[tocEl]=1275&cHash=bb9f977554)
  , I have followed the steps written in the tutorial

Step 1: I have put the html file and the images file in a directory
called Template under fileadmin .
Step 2 : I have created a new template and written the following code

# Template content object:
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
   template = FILE
   template.file = fileadmin/template/test.html
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

Step 3 : I have saved the template and have pressed show but a blank
page is coming and the actual html file "test.html" (my template)  is
not getting integrated and the page is a blank page.

If some body can help me regarding this problem I will be realy greatful
  as I am stucked in this place for a long time and not being able to
get any way out.

Regards  Gautam Dey