[Typo3-dev] Re: [Typo3] Is Typo3 really an open-source community ???

Martin-Pierre Frenette typo3 at frenette.qc.ca
Mon Aug 11 14:59:05 CEST 2003

> that sounds great!
> (for europeans: that is about --> 636,683 euro)

Yeah, I know... But I didn't day the maximum was 1000$ Canadian...

It can be higher...

>>BUT, all the e-mails I received WITH NO EXCEPTION where people
>>complaining that my client could make a lot of money with such a
>>system and that I could make personally also a lot of money reselling it.
>

> it is not a bad thing to make money,
> but i think you are misunderstood...

Yeah, as I said, my client is a non-profit governmental organization
that studies the effect of medication on patient afflicted with
mental health problems.

It is NOT a for profit corporation !

>>I want to pay someone to add it to the TER. I thought I was clear on that.
>

>>Now, I only need :
>>
>>1 - Result from 1 form to be added to the result of a another form, to
>>create a multi-page form. The forms of my client often have 15 to 30
>
> pages.
>
>>2 - Decision system on pages. It can be REALLY simple. A drop down could
>>contain text for the user, but the value is used to determine the next
>
> step.
>
>>3 - Validation. This could be REALLY useful for EVERYONE. It is just a
>>matter of adding javascript to check the results.
>

>>Common people... Be reasonable...
>

> well, what i think about it:
> - your ext is not simple.

Well, I wrote something similiar to that in the past
using only PHP. It took me around 40 hours to write EVERYTHING,
but it didn't have any GUI : everything was programmed.

Typo3 already has a GUI for Forms.

But you are right, maybe it is more complex. But I still think
Kasper, as brillant as he is, wouldn't need more than 1 week
to pull it off. The problem is that the week in question would probably
be in March 2005, busy as he is !

> - at the moment there are many projects in production-state.
>   difficult to add another job...

I understand that...

> - and i cannot do it, because i would need more knowledge about
>   typo3 and the api-documentation. :-)

That part of my problem. I cannot do it in a reasonable time since I
don't have the knowledge of the Form api.

If the client had a longer deadline, I would do it AND SHARE THE
EXTENSION IN THE TER.

But I don't have the time to both train these guys on how to use Typo3
and the form editor, and program at the same time...

The deadline is too short.