[Typo3-dev] TypoScript Unleashed

Dennis Petersen fessor at software.dk
Sun Aug 10 23:31:06 CEST 2003

> So you can define
> page.10.value = blaat
> even before you define the page-object, or the 10-object:
> page.10 = TEXT
> page = PAGE
Ah - you are right of course... great observation - that would be great to
include in the documentation as well as I believe it would help beginners.

> And btw, did somebody do something with the excellent review from Dennis
> Petersen (20-7)?
Thanx for trying to pick it up - lately I have felt that most of my efforts
go unnoticed (bug reports etc.) - but then again it is summer and only
idiots like myself spend time in front of the computer trying to follow most
threads in the news groups besides developing extensions... :)

One other thing which is lacking from the tsref documentation (thanx Joey -
JOH) is a clear statement telling how to read the text and look at the
images of the object browser - it NEVER occurred to me how they connected
until Joey explained to me that what we are doing with TypoScript is
modifying the array already built by static templates, extensions etc.. I
actually just thought that is was a secret definition of arrays that at one
point in time you get to learn when works and when not... but now I actually
see that by checking the TS object browser you find what values to overwrite
when you want something changed :)
This needs to be expressed somehow to make it very clear from the beginning!

Back to you!

Sincerely,
Dennis Petersen (fessorman)