[Typo3-dev] WYSIWYG Editor

Michiel van Leening leening at saurus.nl
Wed Aug 6 08:26:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 18:55, Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:

> > Mozilla's implementation (Midas,
> > http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/) even works on 1.3 (although
> > they think it doesn't, but that's something else.)
>
> Well, it seems some agree that a Mozilla-centered approach is actually a
> good idea to _complement_ the existing RTE.
> Could anyone than make a statement of what the obstacles and challenges will
> be and what it will take to make it happen?

I think the hardest part will be choosing wether we (read: the T3
community) create a single approach for both, which has common
functions, which are in turn branched for the different browsers, or
wether we create 2 different RTE's, one for each browser.

My guess is that the latter approach might well be the wisest and
easiest choice, since we already have a working RTE for MSIE. That's
exactly what your thought was as well.

It then rests upon someone's JS knowledgable shoulders to really
implement the thing. I for one haven't enough time to lead such a
project, so it'll have to be someone else. I can however provide input
where needed. Frankly, I haven't spent that much time under the hood of
T3 to really grasp it's innards, but I guess it shouldn't be all that
hard.

Tha starting point for this brave hero should, in my view, be
http://www.mozilla.org/editor/ie2midas.html

--

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Leening
 Saurus Internet - http://www.saurus.nl/ - info at saurus.nl
     Vestesingel 8, 9408 CA - Assen, The Netherlands
   tel: +31 (0)592.461.467  - fax: +31 (0)84.86.88.007

     Michiel van Leening - Internet Application Developer
 leening at saurus.nl - gsm: +31 (0)65.57.12.693 - ICQ#51566230
         Registered with the Linux Counter. ID #39463
Laundry is the fifth dimension!!  ... um ... um ... th' washing machine
is a black hole and the pink socks are bus drivers who just fell in!!