[Typo3-dev] WYSIWYG Editor

Michiel van Leening leening at saurus.nl
Tue Aug 5 11:46:56 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 09:15, Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:

> >> Here is a nice one:
> >> http://www.bitfluxeditor.org/
> >
> > But this one works only with Moszilla / Netscape 7. ;-) So again no
> > advantage here.
>
> Since that is available as a cross platform solution, I would think that
> could be called an advantage.
> I excpect there is actually not much of a chance to actually replace the
> RTE, but only to complement it with some alternative solution.

I completely agree, but would like to stress that using a Mozilla
solution might be preferable above other solutions.

Besides, the Bitflux editor uses a different technique which, probably,
will not be supported in newer Mozilla releases (caret browsing). It
also crashes in Mozilla 1.4.

Mozilla's implementation (Midas,
http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/) even works on 1.3 (although
they think it doesn't, but that's something else.)

--

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Leening
 Saurus Internet - http://www.saurus.nl/ - info at saurus.nl
     Vestesingel 8, 9408 CA - Assen, The Netherlands
   tel: +31 (0)592.461.467  - fax: +31 (0)84.86.88.007

     Michiel van Leening - Internet Application Developer
 leening at saurus.nl - gsm: +31 (0)65.57.12.693 - ICQ#51566230
         Registered with the Linux Counter. ID #39463
Your temporary financial embarrassment will be relieved in a surprising manner.