[Typo3-dev] WYSIWYG Editor

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at REMOVETHISweb.de
Tue Aug 5 05:21:43 CEST 2003

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:
>>>Here is a nice one:
>>>http://www.bitfluxeditor.org/
>>
>>But this one works only with Moszilla / Netscape 7. ;-) So again no
>>advantage here.
>

> Since that is available as a cross platform solution, I would think that
> could be called an advantage.

A very great one!
Mozilla is available under Linux, MAC, Windows, etc.

And the advantage compared to a Java solution is that it's damn fast
(doens't need a runtime environment to start up) and works perfectly,
that is it displays everything in WYSIWYG-mode nearly exactly as it
appears on the website afterwards because the Gecko engine is used.

- Ingmar