[Typo3-dev] Save the other fields in database

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Sat Aug 2 14:01:59 CEST 2003

Hi Lars

> Where do I access the data to these fields in db? Which typo3 functions?
> pid tstamp crdate cruser_id deleted
> pid, tstamp, crdate -> most important...

Please be more specific. Frontend, Plugin, Backend, Module, reading, writing.
What do you want to do.

You can always read those fields by SQL. There's no need for an extra api.
There's an api to get SQL code to check if a record is valid (fe_user,
be_user, hidden, ...). For plugins you use:

$this->cObj->enableFields(...
function enableFields($table,$show_hidden=0) in tslib_content

Writing to your own tables in your own plugin you do by sql also. It's your
table, you have to know what you do anyway :-)

For BE editing/writing there's an api, but this is normally not needed, only
if you want to make a BE module for editing.

> Wasn't there someone who had diagrams on some homepage, a auto generated
> API like thing ? :)

That api doc (search the archive for the url) is not official and include
functions that are internal and may change!

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab