[TYPO3-debian] Symlinks not working Debian / DirectAdmin / suPHP

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Jan 20 17:57:53 CET 2014

Hi Martin,

Martin Koppelaar wrote:

> Yes that works for index.php and now I'm getting:
>
>> You don't have permission to access
>> typo3/sysext/install/Start/Install.php on this server.

Hard to tell. You either have the wrong permissions on files and folders or
your follow symlink directive is broken.
This is more a webserver problem than a TYPO3 problem.

I am not much into debian and you might ask on debian board for guidance on
howto setup a webserver on debian with a symlinked PHP application. TYPO3
CMS does nothing special here.

The path itself is correct.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!