[TYPO3-debian] Problems with install after creating ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Jan 12 20:58:24 CET 2014

Hi Janez,

Janez Novak wrote:

> I might have explained the issue a bit vaguely. After the install tool
> actually launched (no more blank page), I did get the form requesting the
> database info. But after i click Continute, i get the aforementioned
> "There is no connection to the database! " message in step2

connection and select 127.0.0.1 as server/host address.

Alternatively change the DB|host setting to 127.0.0.1 and check the DB|port
(if set at all) in typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php

Both way will force a TCP/IP connection instead of a plain socket.

Then make sure to have a valid database selected in DB|database in
typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php.

Otherwise make sure to double check the username and password.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!