[TYPO3-debian] Problems with install after creating ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Jan 12 01:20:29 CET 2014

Hi Janez,

Janez Novak wrote:

> There is no connection to the database!
> (Username: typo3test, Host: localhost, Using Password: YES)
> Go to Step 1 and enter a valid username and password!
>
> I created a user and a DB for typo3, and they definitely work as i logged
> with those credentials into mysql via console.
>
> What's going on now? :/

CLI is not php ;)

Please check your settings in typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php at the DB
section.

Normally the installer should ask your for the DB details.

It can very well be that either the socket or the IP variant does not work
on your system.

You can test this yourself with a simple php script as shown in the PHP
documentation:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.quickstart.connections.php

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!