No subject

Wed Nov 27 07:05:18 CET 2013

> For security reasons, FollowSymLinks is disabled by default.

As fix they offer:
> Remove FollowSymLinks from your .htaccess file.  It can be replaced with SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.

As I am unsure where to put the files from the tar I tried /usr/local

DirectAdmin put it's user sites in /home/username/domains/domain.tld/public_html

I've created the symlinks there.

First error:
> UID of script "index.php" is smaller than min_uid

This seems to be suPHP related. Owner / group was root : root so I've used chown on /usr/local/typo3_src....

> # chown -R root:www-data typo3_src[etc]

Unless mistaken, the owners of websites are not in any group ... It didn't work.

So; just for testing I've changed my chown to make /usr/local/typo3_src... reflect the user and user group:

> # chown -R theuser:theusergroup typo3_src[etc]

Getting:
> 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Used the SymLinksIfOwnerMatch trick from DirectAdmin in the htaccess ... But error remains the same.

I think this is a little beyond me and hope someone with DirectAdmin knowledge can help out here ....

Martin