[TYPO3-debian] Typo3 v4.2

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:49:31 CEST 2007

Hi Steffen,

>> Typo3 v4.2 will have a minimal php version of PHP 5.2.x. The php version
>> in Debian etch stable is v5.2.0.8 or not? Will typo3 v4.2 and newer work
>> at least x months from now on a Debian Etch v4.0 stable linux server?
> why not?
> 5.2.x >= 5.2.0

Just wondering. I think I should at least be able to use debian etch the
coming 2 years together with typo3 x.x. without having to upgrade my debian
server. I'm now busy updating 6 different servers and I can tell an upgrade
from sarge to etch with a working 2.4 kernel is no fun. Upgrading from woody
to sarge was without a hassle. Upgrading from sarge to etch is a hassle. So
I hope after this is done we will be able to sit back and relax the coming 2
years without having to upgrade the system again because of for example php
5.3.x or php 6. In about 2 years the same hassle I don't mind ;-) If it's in
the coming 6 months I do mind ;-) LOL

Regards
Jordan