[TYPO3-debian] Using different PHP versions on one system

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Oct 18 11:32:45 CEST 2007

Hi.

On 18.10.2007 11:10 Michael Stucki wrote:

> http://buzz.typo3.org/people/stucki/article/how-to-use-different-php-versions-on-one-server/
>> Thank you Michael for all your work on this.
>
> You're welcome. Finally some feedback, at least! I already thought it was
> worthless... :-/

I didn't had the time to deeply look at it. Moreover I already have
fcgid in use... But anyway, thanks a lot for the doc.

> Absolutely, although I recommend fcgid over fastcgi (maybe you just mixed
> that up?) because of its license (iirc mod_fastcgi is non-free).

it also performs better in case of TYPO3.

>> BTW:
>> We use rssh in chroots for some users, to enable scp-like-upload and to
>> get rid of ftp. This will work even better with fastcgi and its
>> different built in user/group models. I might be able to assemble a
>> howto as soon we have ported our setup from sarge to etch in a few weeks.
>> Is somebody interested in a howto specifically for a working typo3
>> implementation (fileadmin folders)?

Yes please. A small rssh howto would be great. I fiddled around with
that some months ago but it became too time consuming and I decided to
use FTPoverSSL.

--
cheers,
Steffen