[TYPO3-debian] Using different PHP versions on one system

Christian Kuhn lollingola at lollingola.de
Thu Oct 18 01:32:59 CEST 2007

Hi list,

Michael Stucki wrote:
> just in case you didn't notice this, here's a manual which I've published
> recently:
> http://buzz.typo3.org/people/stucki/article/how-to-use-different-php-versions-on-one-server/

Thank you Michael for all your work on this.

Our next systems will also use fastcgi. There are just too many
advantages against mod_php, especially if you can get rid of safe_mode
with a sane security model instead and without major performance loss on
a multi-virtual-host system (if there is enough ram).

This document finally gave me enough self confident to set up fastcgi
for our dedicated typo3 systems on etch.

BTW:
We use rssh in chroots for some users, to enable scp-like-upload and to
get rid of ftp. This will work even better with fastcgi and its
different built in user/group models. I might be able to assemble a
howto as soon we have ported our setup from sarge to etch in a few weeks.
Is somebody interested in a howto specifically for a working typo3
implementation (fileadmin folders)?

Christian