[TYPO3-debian] safe_mode woes

thoralf tfbb at le-tex.de
Wed Nov 7 18:09:31 CET 2007

hi christian,

thank you for your answer ...

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:05:29 +0100, Christian Welzel <gawain at camlann.de>
wrote:

>> can't  get  font rendering working - the test provided by the install
>> script is constantly failing. otoh, all works well when turning off
>
> The functions to scale the images in the install tool are done with
> imagemagick or graphicsmagick. Make sure, the binary is located in a
> directory that is listed in the allowed locations. A symlink is ok too.

scaling and all other image manipulation do work correctly even in safe
mode ... iirc (i'm not sitting on the box in question right now), i
symlinked the imagemagick executables (convert, composite et al.) from a
safe_mode_exec_dir-directory. that worked, albeit i still had to chown the
executables to www-data:www-data (not sure if this was a good idea ...)
i suppose that the font-related stuff is done by libfreetype, which gets
called from libgd to the best of my knowledge. i already put both libs
into the exec_dir, but of course that didn't work. is there any option in
php to load a specific lib from a certain directory explicitly?

many thanks & with kind regards,
thoralf.