[TYPO3-debian] offtopic but maybe an answer? Only PHP5 dotdeb on Sarge v3.1

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:07:34 CEST 2007

Hi Steffen,

>> Okay, this is clear to me. But if I get ride of PHP4 totally will I be
>> able to use PHP5 from dotdeb as an apache 1.3.x module?

> sure.

Any suggestions? I have tried the dotdeb backport and they start to install
apache2 and mysql5 immediately as soon as you hit:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

this is what I do not want. This is a more dramastic change to the working
system. Even more now the mysql 5 server from dotdeb is wanting at least
kernel 2.6.x and my system is still running kernel 2.4.x.

the other one I tried in a virtual machine was the apt source from
http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5 all

This one installed php5 but also apache2. I was able to get apache2 running
with php5 this way but I want apache 1.3.x with this php5 version. There
isn't an apache configuration (php.ini) in /etc/php5/apache/php.ini only a
2.x version /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini.

So I tried somethings and I was able to get php5 with apache2 from
people.debian.org/~dexter running but my ultimate goal is to only change
php4 to php5 and keep the rest as it was. If apache2 is installed on the
sideway I don't mind. I don't have to start apache2 but I need to be able to
get php5-cli running with a working php.ini on the old apache 1.3.x. So I
didn't get apache 1.3.x to work with the http://people.debian.org/~dexter
php5 all test.

If you have some suggestings or something to point me in the right direction
I'm thankful.

Regards
Jordan