[TYPO3-debian] offtopic but maybe an answer? Only PHP5 dotdeb on Sarge v3.1

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 21:11:46 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I'm planning to upgrade my debian sarge v3.1 debian to debian etch v4.0 in
september. This way I will get php5 etc. automatically in the stable
version. For now I'm using the old stable sarge v3.1 version but I need PHP5
asap as I need some functions not in PHP4.

Is it possible to use ONLY! php5 from dotdeb on a sarge 3.1 system and not
MySQL5 / Apache2? I want to stick to sarge v3.1 with ONLY php5 from dotdeb
while maintaining the stable apache/mysql from within sarge v3.1.

Hope anyone knows the answer on how to do this.

Regards
Jordan van Bergen