[TYPO3-debian] package state and future development

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Fri Jan 5 23:28:03 CET 2007

werner mueller wrote:

> but in my eyes this sould be some selection option during the typo3
> 1-2-3 installer, so every platform gets it?

This would be a nice thing, but does not pull in required packages
during installation. And this is my goal: install typo3 for postgres
without the recommandation for mysql.
so typo3-dummy-mysql can depend on mysql-client and not only recommend it
and typo3-dummy-psql can depend on postgres.

> and beside everything (other)
> how do i install multiple mysql-dummy packages on the same debian box?

This does not work.
Typo3-dummy is for a single site on the server (or multiple in a single
typo3 instance).
You could copy /var/lib/typo3-dummy and /etc/apache*/conf.d/typo3-dummy.conf
and edit them as needed, but your copied installations would not benefit
from package updates. And all on your own risk!
Formerly there was a package typo3-site-installer that was indented to do
that work. But the site-installer did not work properly and was dropped from
archive some time ago.
It can be found in the svn on sf.net if you want to try to use it.
(or develop it further).

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15