[Typo3-debian] Up to date Debian packages available

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri May 6 19:51:56 CEST 2005

Me again. Here is another suggestion:

>> The path /var/lib/typo3/latest was my idea but I don't recommend it
>> anymore. If you upgrade TYPO3 3.7.0 to 3.8.0 and the latest symlink would
>> be changed, the site would be broken unless someone manually upgrades the
>> database in the Install Tool. So I rather think the "feature" is
>> dangerous than helpful. Can you please drop that?

It is no longer recommended to have the TYPO3 source writable. Therefore I
suggest to move the sources from /var/lib/typo3 to /usr/share/typo3.

(As it has been in the very beginning of those packages - until I realized
that at this time the temporary directory at typo3/temp/ was required to be
writable... This is has been fixed with version 3.6.)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out