[Typo3-debian] Problems while trying to connect to MySQL after upgrade

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Mar 19 17:27:10 CET 2005

>> Well - seems as if it's the best thing to set up a new sarge from
>> scratch. I checked MySQL via telnet and got some weird cryptic
>> letters.
>> After fiddling around with different PHP and MySQL versions without
>> success I managed to crash the whole system.
>>
>> So I started with the rescue system moved my TYPO3 directories and
>> all DBs via FTP to another server and now I will restart with a
>> fresh and clean install.
>
> If you didn't start yet, here is my suggestion:
>
> Let's try again to upgrade/downgrade to Sarge but also make sure that
> we only want Sarge and nothing else!

Already to late ... ;-)

> 0) IMPORTANT!! Remove typo3-env because you can't install php4-gd
> otherwise 1) Check your /etc/apt/sources.list
> 2) Create /etc/apt/preferences with the contents below:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release testing
> Pin-Priority: 900
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release unstable
> Pin-Priority: 100
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release stable
> Pin-Priority: 100
>
> I've never tried this out but from a logical point of view, this
> should work.

I found out the odd thing was using the wrong source lists for apt and
therefor I had a mix of sid, sarge and woody packages ...
Now I'm initialising the "Debian 3.1 minimal system" that 1&1 is offering.

So could you guys tell me which packages are best for sarge and TYPO3?
I remember there were some problems with GD and IM ...

I never used your debian packages for TYPO3 - do they work with sarge?
Usually I setup apache, PHP, MySQL and IM separately and then I download the
TAR from typo3.org
But maybe the package is the better approach.

>> PS: I should add something to my sig:
>> If you have now clues: simply don't touch the running system!
>
> You wouldn't learn it otherwise :-)

Well - it's a weekend and I wouldn't know what to do else ... ;-)

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau