[Typo3-debian] Ugly fonts, hinting trouble?

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 25 16:09:13 CEST 2005

Hi Bas!

On 07/24/2005 10:11 PM Bas v.d. Wiel wrote:

> Just recently I noticed a major difference in GIFBUILDER
> font-rendering between my SUSE test box (Enterprise Server) and my
> Debian Sarge soon-to-be-production server. On the SUSE-box all
> graphical headers render just great, with proper spacing between
> glyphs and no ugly artefacts.

To be more precise, tell us,
- what PHP/IM/GM packages do you use?
- what's your Image Processing configuration and did any of the
install-tool tests fail?

Maybe this is a startingpoint for you: Did you check your GDlib/IM
setting in the TYPO3-install-tool? There are some configuration examples
for Debian servers in the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Running_GIF_enabled_packages_on_Debian_Woody
But I don't know if these are the actual settings for Sarge.

--
cheers,
Steffen