[Typo3-debian] Newer versions (L)AMP

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 20:09:59 CEST 2005

Hi Allan,

> Why on earth do you post this on typo3-debian ?

I use debian every day. But as it took some years before the new stable
version came out I decided to play around with php/apache/mysql myself.

> If you dont use debian just post on the general typo3 mailinglists.
> If you look at the roadmap: http://typo3.org/development/roadmap/
> you will se that typo3 version 4.0 will support php version 5, so you seem
> be going into a lot of trouble, especially as it is well known that mysql
> version 4.1 does no like the same syntax as version 4.0 when creating new
> tables. My advice, use debian packages from sarge, it runs perfectly.

I certainly will after this advise. I used and still run woody stable v3.0
debian and with the new sarge stable version I assume I can use this the
coming 2 years again ;-) So let me stop building everything myself although
it was nice to take a look at this ;-)

Regards

Jordan van Bergen
jordanvanbergen at hotmail.com