[Typo3-debian] newbie ...

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 16 10:18:42 CET 2005

Hi Ron.

Ron Bogerd schrieb:
> Morning everyone,
>
> Just started with Typo3, so a newbie. I installed it on a Debian server but
> didn't get any trialsites with it, how do I set up a site from scratch. I
> can login to the backend but do not see any pages and can't create any.
> Where do I go from here ??? Can anyone help out ???

A very good starting point to get used to TYPO3 is to install the
quickstart package: http://typo3.org/download/packages/
"Download this if you want to get started with TYPO3. It comes with a
great tutorial  that will keep you entertained for hours and teach you
all the stuff you need to survive."
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_quickstart/

And how about watching some of the video tutorials, found at:
http://typo3.org/documentation/videos/

Spend some time to invenstigate things, specially the template section,
which in my opinion isn't as trivial, as it might look.

In any cases, http://www.typo3.org is your friend.

Have fun!

--
cheers,