[Typo3-debian] question about the upcoming typo3 4

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 13 21:37:18 CET 2005

Hi.

On 12/08/2005 05:01 PM Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:

> I asking this cause when I want to update different multiple sites then I have
> to do it manually. This could be a hard work and take along time! when the
> source is installed in website space.
>
>  Is there a way then to update multiple typo3 sites at same time?

For example, install typo3 source package to
/var/www/typo3/typo3-3.8.1/

Install sites to
/var/www/site1
/var/www/site2
/var/www/site3

Link from each site directory to the same typo3 source directory:
#ln -s /var/www/typo3/typo3-3.8.1/ /var/www/site1/typo3_src

To update TYPO3 sources, you'll just have to install new sources to
/var/www/typo3/typo3-4.x/
and then change the symlink in each site. And of course, do other stuff
 with the install tool, described in the install and upgrade doc.

--
cheers,
Steffen