[Typo3-debian] What about Debian installation

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 13 21:11:00 CET 2005

Hi

On 12/12/2005 11:52 AM Thomas Schulze wrote:

> Which sourceŽs i have to add to my sources-list for apt ?

Before you start with Debian TYPO§ packages:
The source package from the Debian repository (3.7.0-8) is outdated at
the moment. You should not use it, because of security issues. Instead,
get the 3.8.1 tar.gz source package at typo3.org.

> Is it right, that the debian-package supports now GIF ?

For GIF support with LZW, use graphicksmagick instead of imagemagick and
I guess libgd-gif1 for GD gif support. I never used and tested it, so no
warranty.

> What does the installer add to my system (mysql etc.) ?

For package dependencies, have a look at
http://packages.debian.org/testing/web/typo3
for package dependencies.

--
cheers,