[Typo3-debian] Current status about TYPO3 on Debian

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Dec 8 09:37:21 CET 2005

Hi folks, especially Christian

I am not sure about the current situation of TYPO3 in Debian. It is now in
unstable, right? Host stable is it? Will it make it into Etch?

As far as I remember (I'm currently offline so I cannot check) the package
is called "typo3-src-3.8", so it's just the branch, not the explicit
version of 3.8.0.

So now that TYPO3 3.8.1 is out, this package should be upgraded accordingly,
right? Did you already do that?

If you don't know what has been changed, here is my change list:
- most changes are in a patch which you can find here:
  http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/patches/
- phpMyAdmin has been upgraded once again (this is not included in the above
  patch!), but I recommend you remove it completely from the package and try
  to integrate the upstream phpmyadmin package.
- A bug in testsite (removed requiredExtList from localconf.php) has been
  fixed. Just use the new version instead of the old one.

How will you proceed in future? Currently, we are still supporting the 3.8
branch, but what happens if we stop that? Will you keep track of all
changes in CVS Head?

Thanks for your feedback.
- michael
--