[Typo3-debian] New eaccelerator package

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Aug 15 23:39:21 CEST 2005

Hi there,

while clearing up my hard drive I noticed that the eaccelerator cache had
grown up to more than 5 GB!

I wondered how this is possible and asked the author of eaccelerator [1]
about a possible solution.

He suggested to check for the "atime" of a file which is the time a file has
been accessed last time.

In the new version of my eaccelerator package, I have therefore added a cron
job which is run daily and deletes all cache files which have not been
accessed in the last 30 days (which is an acceptable value, I think).

I have tested it on my local computer and it seems to work fine, however I'd
like you to have a look after it and see if it deletes too much, nothing,
etc.

There is only a package for Sarge/i386. Since I have upgraded all my
computers, I cannot provide Woody packages anymore. Is anybody willing to
rebuild the source package? [2]

Kind regards
- michael

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.eaccelerator.user/20
[2] If you do so, you'll need to adjust the EXTENSION_DIR variable in
    debian/postinst before compiling.
--
Use a newsreader! Check out