[Typo3-debian] gd & im on Sid

Steve Turnbull steve.turnbull at yhgfl.net
Fri Apr 15 10:22:00 CEST 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 18:40, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> > As far as I can tell, there is a problem running typo with the GD and
> > image magick libraries on Sid. As Sid will soon (??) be moving into
> > testing, I would appreciate any thing to note on this. Our development
> > server always runs 'testing'.
> >
> > I can get gd and im to work fine in Woody and Sarge, but trying Sid I
> > can't.
> >
> > Any thoughts/advise would be greatly appreciated.
>
> What is the problem?
Basically, I couldn't get it to work...

I have the libraries installed, as in I have image magick installed, but I
*couldn't* do a 'apt-get install php4-imagick'. I got errors saying that
unmet dependencies prevented the install, and that these wouldn't be
installed!

However! On writing this email and wanting to be correct in my response, I
searched for the link which originally made me realise that this was a know
problem;
http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/

BUT, I have tried this morning to do a 'apt-get install php4-imagick' and it
worked :-) Obviously this is a problem which has now been resolved. Thanks
for your reply anyway...

Kind Regards
Steve

--

Steve Turnbull

Digital Content Developer
for YHGfL Foundation

e steve.turnbull at yhgfl.net
t +44 (0)1724 275030
w www.yhgfl.net

The YHGfL Foundation Disclaimer can be found at:
http://www.yhgfl.net/index.php?id=537