[Typo3-debian] Problems when following the guide at the wiki.

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 30 17:49:53 CEST 2004

Hi.

On 30.09.2004 16:52 Stig N. Færch wrote:

>>>I get this error (when restarting apache):
>>>PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on
>>>line 0 failed

maybe worth a try:

have a look at shared memory limit:
#cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmni

try to allocate a bit more shared memory:
#sysctl -w kernel.shmmni=8192

> I just found out that if I only install
> graphicsmagick and
> graphicsmagick-im-compat
> then there are no problems (haven't tested if everything goes alright
> through the Typo3 installer yet)
> So must have something to do with:
> libgd2-xpm
> php4-gd2
>
> gd2 is installed already, but should I use these instead?

can you give us a snapshot of
# dpkg -l | grep php4 | grep ^ii
# dpkg -l | grep magic| grep ^ii

and a link to your php.ini?

> I'm not an expert on this at all, so what is the xpm thing?

xpm = X pixmap, some kind of colorscheme for X-Windows
see: http://www.uni-giessen.de/hrz/htmldocs/xpm/README.html
But I really can't explain the use of it here...

--
cheers,
Steffen