[Typo3-debian] typo3 3.7.0 on sarge

Laurence Loewe Laurence.Loewe at evolutionary-research.net
Thu Sep 30 17:07:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

currently I am setting up a typo3 server under debian on a new PC.
The new hardware would force me to use sarge (as the network-card is
too new for woody).
On the list I found only some older discussions about typo3 and
sarge, but none that would address the problems that I encountered
when following the latest installation instructions on the web. I
used:
1.  http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Debian for the most part and
occasionally passages from
2.
http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/typo3-3.6.1_woody_install.txt
where the first text lead to errors.

Does anyone know other well explained installation instructions that
are designed for
  - sarge
  - apache2.0.x
  - mysql 4.0.x
  - typo3 3.7.0
(as the ones above assume woody and result in a bumpy ride that did
not seem to work for me on an out of the box sarge)?

If such a detailed page with instructions is not available, would
someone be willing to make a new version of the existing page that is
specifically made for sarge? (I can offer to be a beta-tester and
help to say what did and what did not work in the old scripts, for a
start).

Thanks for your time.
Laurence

Laurence Loewe
Institute of Evolutionary Biology - School of Biological Sciences -
University of Edinburgh
Ashworth Laboratories - Kings Buildings - West Mains Road - Edinburgh
EH9 3JT - Scotland  UK
Tel: +44 (131) 650 - 7330

---
Visit http://www.evolutionary-research.net and be part of evolution at home,
the first public distributed computing system for evolutionary biology. Help
predict genetic causes for the extinction of species while your CPU is idle.