[Typo3-debian] Problems when following the guide at the wiki.

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 30 13:19:54 CEST 2004

Hi Stig.

On 30.09.2004 09:11 Stig N. Færch wrote:
> When following this guide to install graphicsmagick:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Running_GIF_enabled_packages_on_Debian_Woody
>
> I get this error (when restarting apache):
> PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0
> failed

Seems the PHP cache (turck-mmcache) is broken or misconfigured.

Did you follow these lines after "apt-get install turck-mm-cache"?

<--- snip
You are installing Turck-MMCache for php4, but it is not
yet enabled in your /etc/php4/apache/php.ini and/or
/etc/php4/cgi/php.ini files.

To enable it you need to add these lines:

zend_extension="/usr/lib/php4/20010901/mmcache.so"      ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.shm_size="16"                                   ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.cache_dir="/var/cache/turck-mmcache"            ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.enable="1"                                      ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.optimizer="1"                                   ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.check_mtime="1"                                 ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.debug="0"                                       ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.filter=""                                       ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.shm_max="0"                                     ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.shm_ttl="0"                                     ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.shm_prune_period="0"                            ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.shm_only="0"                                    ; turck-mmcache
mmcache.compress="1"                                    ; turck-mmcache
---> snap

Check your php.ini files for these lines.
Also, check if write access to /var/cache/ is sufficient.

P.S. Congratulations for your marriage! Spending your honeymoon with typo3?

--
cheers,
Steffen