AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] MMCACHE

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Tue Oct 26 11:49:16 CEST 2004

Hello Michael!

Congratulations !!!

I once had similar trouble with a php4 extension on sarge - i remember it to
be php-gd2. A "usual" purge helped nothing. After a manual look into the
extension directory i found out that the old *.so executable file was not
even touched - neither on purge nor on forced re-install. With the old
extension (the *.so executable) still in place, which was clearly
incompatible with the newer, already installed PHP4 version, PHP4 had to
fail and make trouble. So i made a backup of it and deleted it from the
extension folder. Installed again and became a very happy man. :D

I don`t know why, whether a purge or a forced re-install, did not delete the
old file. File permissions were absolutely fine. But that doesn`t matter in
the moment of success. :D

I am sorry, that i hadn`t had this idea earlier. :(    I wish i had..    At
least we`ve saved a re-install of the complete system. :)

Landschaftsinformatik sounds very interesting to me! I am studying law at
the University of Tuebingen with special interest to "Rechtsinformatik" and
working on IT matters for the library of the Faculty of Law. Sadly, although
the faculty is still one of the leading on "Rechtsinformatik", the
"Rechtsinformatik" itself currently looses its meaning. :(

Very best regards from Tuebingen to Weihenstephan,

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany