AW: AW: [Typo3-debian] MMCACHE

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Thu Oct 21 15:49:41 CEST 2004

Hello,

Thanks. :)

> But still I have the same problems:

Strange. Then it is even possibly not (only?) related to MMCache...

> Install Tool > 7:phpinfo() I got an Error Message
> "Server Error The following error occurred:
> [code=SERVER_RESPONSE_CLOSE] The server closed the connection while
> reading the response. Contact your system administrator."

This is a mozilla error for a sudden death of a http connection.

On IE you would probably get some absolutely useless message.. :D

> and Tools > phpMyAdmin doesn´t work (only starts loading).

Does any php script work? I would guess no..

> In /var/log/apache/error.log the error message concerning MMCache
> disappeared, but this remains:
> [Thu Oct 21 12:26:24 2004] [notice] child pid 28469 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)

Ohla - segmentation fault. Thats why mozilla tells you about the sudden
death of the http-connection, in fact apache`s child died. :|

This sounds pretty troublesome. I must admit that i use apache2, but all the
other packages are the same here.

a)
What kind of modules are loaded with apache?

b)
What kind of PHP do you use exactly:

- libapache-mod-php4 , so the php as apache module

or / and

- php4-cgi , the cgi-version of php

It seems to me as if apache dies each time a php script shall be parsed.
This could have several reasons:

- package configuration problems, try to --purge and (re)install
php-packages again
- apache conflicts with php 4.3.9, but after a fast look into current bug
reports this seems to be rather improbably (at least if you run on x86
architecture, because packages for this one are widely used since many days
without bug reports)

c)
Do you use the php.ini supplied with the packages? Did you make to that?

Sorry for not being able to tell you more right now.

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany