[Typo3-debian] Newsletter problem (direct mail)

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 19 15:39:17 CEST 2004

On 19.10.2004 15:19 John van Dijk wrote:

> So far I found out (or better: Bernhard Kraft told me) that I was
> missing the curl installation...
>
> I installed curl and changed the install tool.
>

> Bernhard told me then to add the line:
> extension=curl.so
> to the php.ini
>
> Should curl.so be in the /usr/lib/php4/date_as_dirname/ ?
>
> If so where can I get it.

For Woody: Install php4-curl with

#apt-get -s install php4-curl

This should install PHP curl module properly in
/usr/lib/php4/20010901/curl.so
It should be configured automagically, so you don't have to alter your
php.ini

> (The steep learning curve is steeper then I thought, a whole OS comes
> with it)

:)
Fortunately, you're using a very transparent and well documented OS...

--
cheers,
Steffen