[Typo3-debian] upgrading - dump necessary ?

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 2 17:22:00 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

On 02.10.2004 16:33 Lars Ehrler wrote:

> I have typo 3.5.0 installed and I am thinking about upgrading to 3.6 or
> 3.7. Do I need to backup my stuff to be able to load it in after
> upgrading or will the upgrading process keep my data in place ?

Well, a backup could reduces a lot of stress in case of failure.
But it's not absolutely neccessary. And of course you don't have to
restore ("load in") anything after upgrading.

But if you choose to do a backup, this could be an easy way:

For MySQL backups use
# mysqldump --add-drop-table yourdatabase

Tar.gz your site using
# tar -cvvf foo.tar foo/

--
cheers,