[Typo3-debian] Typo3 3.x with php5?

christian funk c.funk at bauwut.de
Fri Oct 1 12:22:27 CEST 2004

On 01.10.2004, at 10:51, Michael Stucki wrote:

> Hi christian,
>
>> I'm trying to get typo3 to work with php5 in a Debian testing dist.
>> The
>> problem is, that all dependencies for typo3 refer to php4.
>>
>> Php5 should do the job, right? I just made sure to install all php5
>> packages instead of the requested php4 packages.
>
> Where did you get these packages from?? As far as I know there are only
> those from dotdeb.org but these are made for Woody!!

They are from dotdeb.org, but seem to work fine with the testing dist.
I did have to get the libmm11 package from stable though, since it is
not available in testing/unstable, and php5 depends on it.

It's a development server only at the moment. The reason for testing is
that we hope sarge is stable soon, and that it will be less of a
headache to move from testing than form woody. The ultimate production
goal is a sarge/apache1.3/mysql/php5 + typo3 3.7 setup.

Christian