[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Christian Leutloff leutloff at debian.org
Wed Nov 24 10:18:58 CET 2004

Hi Sven,

Sven Wilhelm wrote:

> after all the discussion on this thread I want to say one final thing.
>
> Free Software Developing is not a final thing, but a process. We do not
> need THE final solution in one step.
>
> If splitting of packages is practical in the future, one can evaluate
> that way. At the moment, many of the long-time users and developers say
> it is NOT practical, so we should accept it.
>
> Lets go together and start it the old-way and looking for optimization
> in future. How about that?

It's fine for me (now). After some more private email with Michael and rethinking the whole discussion, I slowly realize the facts you stated above. I've underestimated the effort needed to do a useful split. I've already reacted and undo the split. The new packages are now available through http://users.oche.de/~leutloff/debian/packages/

Bye
Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany