[Typo3-debian] Integration of Typo3-Packages into the Debian main archive

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 23 14:38:01 CET 2004

Hello Christian,

>> But just putting the whole typo3/ directory into the BE package is wrong.
>
> I dig later into this topic.

OK, I'm looking forward to your answer. One last argument... ;-)

In our company, we have a Sysadmin (me) and we have a Webmaster (someone
else). Since our company has its headquarter in America but our department
is in Switzerland, it sometimes happens that we need to make announcements
during the night.

Now imagine we had only the FE package installed and need to do a change.
Although the webmaster must decide if the Backend must be openend or not,
he will have to wake me up at dead of night!! That's not what you intend to
do, are you?? ;-))

Seriously, it's a good example. The Sysadmin and the Webmaster are not
always the same person but only Root (= ^) can install the BE package.

With the die() solution we could give him permission to change the site
config file or (better) write a small wrapper that does this change...

> In the mean time I've continued to work on the PHP-version of the
> typo3-site-installer. It is now able to fix permissions (mode and owner).
> It is available from CVS and as a Debian package from
> http://users.oche.de/~leutloff/debian/packages/...

This is great of course! However we should discuss and think well about
things that make sense and things that don't.

I'll check your packages this evening...!

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html